Stuart Langridge, Jono Bacon, and Jeremy Garcia present Bad Voltage, in which
- [00:02:50] Online trolls are assholes offline too, at least according to a new survey
- [00:17:20] Facebook Workrooms seem to be the long-promised “Facebook Spaces”, much to Jono’s intemperate joy
- [00:29:50] Excellently detailed albeit mildly depressing summary of Google’s myriad messaging apps which is worth reading
- [00:40:50] The UK government’s planned “Online Harms Bill” tries, among other things, to define what a journalist is so they can be exempt from some regulations, which is possibly a very concerning development
- [00:55:00] Twitter are allegedly going to start requiring viewers to be signed in to view tweets (pro tip: embrace nitter.net if this is a problem!)
Come chat with us and the community in our Slack channel via https://badvoltage-slack.herokuapp.com/!
News music: Long Live Blind Joe by Robbero, used with attribution.
Thank you to Marius Quabeck and NerdZoom Media for being our audio producers!