Stuart Langridge, Jono Bacon, and Jeremy Garcia present Bad Voltage, in which there is much news from all over the tech industry, including:
- [00:02:15] Anom app from FBI yanked in a huge amount of criminals
- [00:08:45] FaceTime is coming to Android and Windows via the web, plus: how Apple’s rise to be the richest company on earth is wholly due to Airdrop
- [00:15:50] Our Jeff Bezos News Special: Bald very rich guy whose company makes a Linux OS is going to space. I feel like we’ve heard this story before, but there is a petition for Bezos to stay in space once he gets there and it’s up to 80,000 sigs… and in more Bezos petition news, another one demands that Jeff Bezos buys and eats the Mona Lisa…
- [00:21:30] Hyundair completes their acquisition of Boston Dynamics, makers of BigDog
- [00:28:00] OnlyFans moving to more non-adult content (and gets valued at $1b), plus also WordPress, which you wouldn’t think was connected to this, but hey, that’s the Bad Voltage vibe right there
- [00:37:00] Airbus designs in-flight quarantine tent
- [00:45:45] Amazon websites are blocking FLoC (with a side order of disturbing but important musings on how new standards get made from mnot)
- [00:56:20] Peloton start charging monthly money to existing customers of a treadmill that already cost three grand, in accordance with the prophecy (via @jimmysjolund on twitter)
Come chat with us and the community in our Slack channel via https://badvoltage-slack.herokuapp.com/!
News music: Long Live Blind Joe by Robbero, used with attribution.
Thank you to Marius Quabeck and NerdZoom Media for being our audio producers!