Stuart Langridge and Jeremy Garcia present Bad Voltage, in which Jono is at death’s door and not present, Stuart mixes the show and therefore any complaints should be directed to him (and obviously these will make Jono feel good about himself), and:
- [00:1:20] A short review of SCaLE17x and what we liked about it, along with some words on the mighty Bad Voltage live show, coming soon to a podcast and video site near you!
- [00:8:55] Apparently Google Docs is the new place that teens at school chat, because they can see it and not their other apps (thankyou schultzer for the suggestion!)
- [00:14:19] Beto O’Rourke, prospective candidate for president of the USA, was in legendary hacker group the Cult of the Dead Cow in his youth
- [00:18:51] A major international bank accidentally published a private package of their own to the public npm registry and then sent DMCA takedown notices to Amazon and Cloudflare for hosting “stolen code”
- [00:25:25] YouTube, repeatedly accused of not doing enough to limit the spread of propaganda and ghoulish exploitation of tragedy, outline some of what they did after the Christchurch mosque mass shootings to stop uploads of videos
- [00:35:55] Facebook backtracks after removing adverts from US presidential candidate Elizabeth Warren calling for Facebook to be broken up. A more nuanced story than it may at first appear, and with ramifications for journalism and how it’s done
- [00:45:00] 5G. It’s coming, apparently. We’d like to look into it in more detail, after a suggestion by Greg Lowe. But… what do you, the community, want to know about it? Give us your questions for research and opinions!
Come chat with us and the community in our Slack channel via https://badvoltage-slack.herokuapp.com/!